40th Annual Meeting of Japan Neuroscience Society (Neuroscience 2017)
Makuhari Messe, Chiba, Japan from July 20th to 23rd, 2017
Travel Awards to enthusiastic leading non-Japanese investigators traveling from abroad are offered to present high quality papers at the meeting.
Applications of young principal investigators and senior postdoctoral fellows are especially encouraged. The funding for travel will be between 40,000-150,000 JPY per award depending on the travel distance. The awardees will also be exempt from the
registration fee of the meeting.
– JNS was founded in 1974. With more than 6,000 members in 2016, JNS is now a representative academic society in neuroscience in Japan.
– The 40th Annual Meeting, under the theme of “Pushing the Frontiers of Neuroscience”, provides a unique opportunity to forge closer links between researchers in different fields and to develop next-generation neuroscientists endowed with a wide perspective.
– English is an official language used at all sessions. We expect approximately 4,000 participants, including 400 people from overseas.
– The Annual Meeting promotes interaction with relevant professional neuroscience societies in neighboring Asia-Pacific countries, the United States and Europe by organizing joint symposia and providing a financial assistance program to cover travel costs.
– The Annual Meeting aims at fostering young scientists and promoting collaboration across the globe and various scientific fields including clinical neuroscience.
– The Meeting will be held at Makuhari Messe, Makuhari, Chiba. It is conveniently located from Tokyo and the Narita International Airport, both within a 30-minute distance by car or a 30-minute train ride from Tokyo to Kaihin Makuhari Station by JR Keiyo Line (rapid service).
– Travel Award winners will receive a partial support for traveling expenses between 40,000-150,000 JPY per award depending on the travel distance and a free accommodation in Makuhari for 4 nights (from July 19th, a single room in a budget hotel).
– The meeting registration fee is waived.
– Travel Award winners are invited to the International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers and a get-together party on the day before the Annual Meeting to facilitate interaction among young researchers from abroad and Japan.
– Travel Award winners are also invited to a reception during the Annual Meeting.
– Recipients will receive the award at the meeting venue in Japanese yen.
– Accommodation at a designated hotel from July 19th (check-in) to 23rd (check-out; totally 4 nights) will only be covered. Recipients must bear all expenses if they stay at hotels of their own choice or stay extra nights.
– “The International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers” is a mandatory event. This meeting will be held on July 19th, 2017 around 17 o’clock. So please make sure to have sufficient time to travel from the near airport to the venue.
– Persons who do not attend the entire Annual Meeting will have their award revoked.