The Howard Hughes Medical Institute, the Wellcome Trust, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and the Gulbenkian Foundation are jointly holding a competition to award grants to outstanding early career scientists working outside the United States. This International Research Scholars program aims to provide much-needed support for promising international scientists as they establish their independent research programs.
Contact: Ed McCleskey, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential information about the program is summarized below.
- Approximately 45 grants will be awarded
- Applicants must have an independent laboratory that started within the last seven years
- Applicants must have trained as either a graduate student or a postdoctoral researcher in the US or the UK
- Laboratories in the G7 countries (US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Japan) are ineligible, as are a handful of countries presently under US sanctions
- The application submission deadline is June 30, 2016
- Further information and access to the application is available at: https://www.hhmi.org/programs
- Direct questions to Ed McCleskey (email@example.com) or Laura Kinkead (firstname.lastname@example.org), who are directing this program